Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mimi Pizza

This is my attempt to copy to Mimi pizza that I had while in Minnesota at Punch Pizza. It was so incredibly good. What really made the pizza amazing though was the crust. I am dough handicapped and have never made a good dough, and I don't own a wood burning oven, so I didn't achieve the Punch glory, but I did however capture the good flavor combination of toppings.















Ingredients:
2 7" pizza crusts
2 T olive oil
1 c grape tomatoes
1 c grape size buffalo mozzarella balls
1/2 c loosely packed basil leaves, washed and shredded
1 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
sea salt and pepper

Brush 1/2 T of olive oil onto each pizza crust, or enough to lightly coat then sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Cook crusts according to directions.
Meanwhile cut tomatoes and mozzarella balls in half and combine in dish along with basil, balsamic, 1 T olive oil and pepper to taste
Peel garlic and zest using a micro grater or zester. When pizza crusts are finished rub a small amount of zested garlic onto crusts and spoon on tomato mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment