Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Asparagus Enchiladas in Black Bean Sauce































I understand these photos are not very flattering, but hear me out- I only had really thick tortillas that wouldn't roll up and I didn't thin my sauce enough, but the flavors were all there! I will modify the recipe as I post it so that when you make it, it looks less like poop.

Ingredients:

1/2 lb asparagus1 white onion
1 red pepper
1 can sweet corn
1 can black beans
1/2 c veggie broth
1 1/2 T chili powderwhole wheat tortillas
shredded Mexican cheese
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375
In an oiled skillet on med-high heat sauté asparagus and red pepper, salt to taste. When finished remove and set aside.
Re-oil skillet if necessary. Sauté onion. Once transparent add black beans and heat through. Remove 3/4 mixture and puree with broth in blender or food processor.
Place desired amount of asparagus and pepper, cheese and corn inside each tortilla and roll. Line baking dish with filled tortillas then top with black bean sauce and cheese. Cook 20 min or until cheese begins to golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment