Friday, July 30, 2010

Berry Pie Tartlettes













Good news- dessert is vegetarian! Well, I am sure there is some nasty meat dessert exception out there, but I don't know about it and want to keep it that way. This was a really simple and easy dessert that my sister gave me that idea for and my husband couldn't get enough of. I made a batch of pie crust. You could you use any recipe you like or even a store bought refrigerated crust. I rolled it into balls and then smashed them flat into little disks (If you are using a store bought crust, chances are it's pre-rolled so go ahead and used a large round cookie cutter) Make them as big as you like then sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees until the edges start to turn golden. Once those are done I topped them with tons of berries that had been tossed in a strawberry glaze and a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream. Yum. As you can see I was also eating two giant pieces of banana bread. As much as I try to eat healthy, I give myself a break sometimes. OK, all the time. Best lunch ever.

Strawberry Glaze Recipe
1/2 cup water
1/2 c pureed strawberries
3/4 cup white sugar
3T agar agar
3T cornstarch

Whisk all ingredients in small saucepan and bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes or until beginning to thicken. Stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment